Is Therapy Dog Work Right for You?
Regarding GO TEAM class sign up, please read the following summary of policy statements about registering and attending GO TEAM training classes. By submitting the application form at the bottom of this page, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood and accept the following statements. If you want to learn more about the full policies upon which the summary is based, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to read our Answers to Frequently Asked Training Questions. The information there will help you decide if the GO TEAM has appropriate training classes for you and your dog. Our testimonial page might also provide you with valuable information about the types of activities our members are involved with in their communities.
Fees, Payment, Registration Process
- Class size is limited to 25 and is made up in the order in which applications are received.
- Reservations are not made by telephone. You can register by filling in the form at the bottom of this summary.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of registration.
- Due to a heavy demand for available space, a handler who withdraws less than 21 days prior to the start date of class is subject to a $50 administration fee. This will be retained from the training fees refunded.
- No refund of fees will be made after the class begins, for pre-registrants or for attendees who miss class sessions. Teams may attend the next offered GO TEAM training at no additional cost.
- AN UP-TO-DATE COPY OF THE RABIES VACCINATION CERTIFICATE AND SHOT RECORD issued by your veterinarian must accompany the student the first session you attend. A copy must be in the dog’s vest/on handler at all times. Your dog will not be permitted to participate in the class without proof of rabies vaccination. Three year rabies vaccinations are acceptable.
- ALL DOGS MUST BE AT LEAST ONE (1) YEAR OF AGE, AT THE TIME CLASS BEGINS.
- If your dog is a female and she is in heat, DO NOT bring her to class; however, we strongly encourage you to come and observe the class without your dog.
- Dogs who are sick should not come to class; however, we strongly encourage you to come and observe the class without your dog.
- GO TEAM values the care and safety of all dogs and handlers enrolled. If, in the opinion of the GO TEAM Instructor and/or Training Director, you or your dog represent a problem or potential hazard to other dogs or persons in the class, you will be asked to withdraw from class and continue training your dog until such time as it is ready for GO TEAM training. The decision of the Executive Director or Lead Trainer is final.
- GO TEAM will not be responsible for the loss of, or damage to, any dog, person or property whether the result of accident or otherwise.
The GO TEAM Training Program will involve a full weekend of your time, typically running from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day. You will experience real-life training at multiple venues to expose dogs and handlers to a variety of situations. Although these classes will be work for you and your dog, we hope it will be enjoyable work! There is no magic wand in dog training – just a lot of hard work.
After GO TEAM training, you will need to continue working with your dog for approximately 15 minutes every day, preferably in a variety of locations (e.g., at home, outside, away from home), in order for you and your dog to gain as much as possible from the classes.
$295 + S&H (One Dog and One Handler)
$135 + S&H (Each Additional Handler with Same Registered Dog)
Prerequisites for GO TEAM Training Class
To be eligible for the GO TEAM Training Program, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Your dog must be endorsed or recommended by a SMS Franchise Owner, a GO TEAM approved evaluator, or other GO TEAM approved Dog Training Program.
- You and your dog must pass an AKC approved CGC test and provide your certificate or paperwork prior to GO TEAM training. The CGC certificate must have been awarded within the 12 months prior to GO TEAM training.
- Your dog must not be reactive towards children or adults.
- Your dog must not be reactive towards other dogs.
- Dogs in “heat” are not allowed to participate in training or at events.
- For all other requirements please see our Class Info Page
(If you have any questions, please contact us directly at email@example.com or (863) 5GO-TEAM (546-8326) so we can help you.)